26 January 2011

STARS simulator

So the STARS mobile simulator rolled into town today and I was scheduled for a 1.5 hour session inside this modded out RV. Instead, I spent 6 hours inside! It was a great experience! I wish I took a picture but it's fully equipped with an interactive mannequin that talks, blinks, breathes, has vitals... and even has responsive pupils.

Since I was the only person there at 9 AM this morning, they basically threw me off into the deep end with a simulation of me (and only me) managing an acute inferior myocardial infarction. Major fail, hahahahaha. We also ran simulations on septic shock, a fractured pelvis and a difficult airway. My brain is totally saturated now and I need to debrief myself on the information overload I received. With that said though, I probably won't forget any of the information I learned today any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment