19 February 2011

sometimes you just get stopped in your tracks



Every now and then, usually when I'm on cruise control in life, I find something just stops me in my tracks. This "wall" usually forces me to reflect on what I've been doing recently or the direction I'm going in my life. It forces a sense of "re-appreciation" for the things I have, the people around me, and on what I'm working.

There are a few people around me going through a hard time. Strangely, they are probably experiencing completely different sensations and emotions and the situations they're in are also polar opposites. However, being close to people who go through legitimate trouble and difficulty really gives you a sense of perspective on the life you lead and how truly happy you are with your direction. It's a sobering thought and reflection, but something we need at least occasionally to prevent us from getting lost in hedonism and materialism.

No comments:

Post a Comment