26 November 2012

If a tree falls...

Time for some free-writing...

Post-call day (day off after a 24-hour or overnight shift)! I'm sitting at home after a workout and my limbs feel similar to jelly, satisfied after a relatively healthy lunch. It's 15:48, what to do? I've already caught up on Walking Dead (can't wait for the mid-season finale), drinking some fresh ground and brewed coffee. For some reason, Kid Cudi is hitting the spot at this moment. I couldn't really tell you why. If James were here, he'd insist I play "Make Her Say"... he's obsessed with that song.

I'm not really sure who reads this on a sporadic, semi-regular or a creepily regularly basis but I sometimes wonder. Obviously this is a post rich in deadwood, but lacking in conciseness. Are people frustrated reading this? Can this considered a frustrating post if nobody reads it?

Let's go with some rapid-fire thoughts:
- There is a cupcake beside me but I think I'll enjoy it after I take a shower.
- I am sad my other friends who have blogs have not kept up... it makes Google Reader a lot more boring.
- I would be willing to bet money the NHL season is lost. Not many of you would take me up on that bet because it is looking more obvious. I have been thinking this for the past month... so maybe if I said this earlier there would be a much more lively discussion. Anyways, the NHL and the players are making their bed.
- I think I steeped this second cup of coffee for too long. Whoops.
- Yesterday when I was on call for family med/obstetrics I heard about a terrible case about a newborn who is braindead. I wish I could write more about it. Sometimes medicine is brutal.
- The song I want any of you who are still reading to hear is "Ride" by Lana del Rey. She has gone through some rough patches as her fame increases (SNL, some nasty rumours) but you can't deny this is an awesome track. I feel that she maybe sings a bit too low for her range in some parts, but man she has a haunting voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment