11 March 2013

The end of the TO chapter

It was actually pretty sad leaving Toronto in that last week. Mostly because living with Q and Court had gone so well. Not that I was expecting any problems, but it was almost being back in med school where we could casually hang out together, shoot the breeze, walk home together, and so forth. Near the end of the week I realized there was a variety of things I wanted to do when in town but never had the chance. I also struggled to understand where the time went. Sadface emoji.

The ICU elective itself was great. I felt I really hit my stride in the last couple weeks and got a decent amount of exposure (and success!) to procedures I was looking to get practice on while I was there, put myself out there a few times in management plans and juggling multiple issues in some of the more sick patients. In reality, it was an introductory exposure to critical care since I'm only a PGY-1 so I hope it sets me up for more comfort and preparedness for it next year.

Anyways, here are a couple highlights:

If it looks like we're sitting around, looking at that empty chair,
it's because we are. We Skype'd in James in Newfoundland who
has been banished there. He seems to be enjoying it though. 
Being artsy on the drive back from a brief weekend stay in Kingston.
It's too bad I don't have instagram anymore. 
Wandering around Kensington Market I came across a gem of a
seafood market, Hooked. Other similar shops in the area were cheaper, but
just smelled awful so I decided to take a gamble here. I think it
paid off. I just had a brief conversation with one of the ladies behind
the counter but I could tell she knew her stuff. I think it's incredibly
responsible that they knew exactly where they get their fish,  and the
environment where they reside. I look forward to reading more about
this industry and where I can find a similarly responsible seafood
market in Ottawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment