24 May 2013

Friday night music: taking it down a notch with Boards of Canada

No particular mood or tone I've got in mind for this week's post, but I am a big fan of Boards of Canada, whose name may or may not play a part even though they're from Scotland. Anyways, they just released a new song this week called "Reach for the Dead". They haven't released any new studio material in a long time so I figured I'd feature them. I remember my favourite song by them when I was in university was this one.
It's a bit of a change-up for my blog because I haven't posted anything remotely close to ambient/post-rock/minimalist in a while. Give it a shot, especially if you have some headphones handy.

Look for their album, Tomorrow's Harvest, coming out on June 10th. I've got a couple asterisks beside this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment