18 February 2014

Blog adjustments in the dead of winter

Just my luck, my last winter in Ottawa is apparently one of the most miserable ones they've had here in years. I talked to a physician today who has lived here her whole life and says this is the worst (combination of cold, snow, cloud) that she can remember.

Despite that, I haven't really been keeping up with this blog. Finishing my research took up a lot of my time for a couple weeks in February, and studying for the big exam has begun.

With that said, I wanted to announce a "shift", I'll be making with what I'll be writing here. I wanted to make it more useful for the people or tumbleweeds who come across these parts. Self-serving blogs are a dime a dozen. The interesting, insightful and engaging blogs are the ones that people want to read. Every now and then, I'll still use this as a sounding board for something I'm going through in the raw moment because hey, it's the internet... but I feel that this blog should also serve some usefulness rather than me using this as a virtual soapbox half the time.

There still won't be a particular topic of focus. I keep myself busy with too many random things (at least for now) to commit to that. You can see on the right side the plethora of random labels I've assigned to blog posts over the years... but the focus will shift... I'm gonna try to see how each most posts can be one or more of the following: a) a post of interest, b) a post of insight or something to think about, or c) a post of utility to you, the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment