12 April 2013

Lazy Friday with its music, featuring Iron and Wine

Lazy Friday. At least partially, and as much as I can. The stage is set quite nicely for it to be lazy. It was a long day at work, I worked out yesterday making today a rest day, and there's nasty weather outside with winds, freezing rain, sleet and slush. I'm on call though, and every time that cursed pager goes off I jump, dreading a call for a consult from the emergency department.

Sipping the tea, got my loafers and wool sweater on, and I've got the coachella YouTube feed going in the background. It's kind of weird watching people sweating profusely while I'm a bit chilly wearing a sweater. What's weirder is watching Lee Scratch Perry perform live. Picture a 70-year old (wait, Wikipedia says he's 77!) Caribbean gentleman with a white beard dyed bright red, in a full red suit and baseball cap. I hope that if I live to be 77, that I'm living a rather healthy and functional life... but aiming to be singing reggae in 35 C heat at one of the world's biggest music festivals seems like it would be hard to top.

Anyways, I digress. Today I was wondering why it seems I post on every Friday. It seems like rather poor timing considering all forms of media including papers, TV, Facebook and twitter get the least amount of readership on this day of the week. Needless to say it's not on purpose. It is however the day of the week where I'm able to let out a big exhale and just let myself relax. Even though I'm on home call tonight, it's still the same.

As a result, I'm more able to unwind and enjoy listening to music. And there's a ton of it right now. I can't remember the last time I've had this many new release albums I simultaneously want to put on repeat. It's a nice problem to have. I'll be sharing more of that later, including a spring playlist for all y'all.

Posts in the near future will be about many albums that have been recent released in what is shaping up to be a massive 2013. To change it up, here's a tune from a few years ago. Probably my favourite Iron and Wine song. It's chilled, but the overlapping piano, drums, other percussions and guitar just makes me tap my feet. Love it! From his album, The Shepherd's Dog... 



.
.
.

Well, there goes that pager...

No comments:

Post a Comment