07 May 2013

Staycation + Ísjaki

When I started residency, I swore I'd make the most of my time off since we only get four weeks off each calendar year. I have written off staycations as silly, lazy and unambitious... yet, here I am on day one of it. A number of reasons have led to it today -- trying to save money, lack of coordination, and nothing really jumping out at me right now to justify a one week blitz somewhere. On top of that, the early summer-like weather Ottawa is getting right now kind of helps.

So here I am, anxiously trying to find ways to make the most of staying in town, and minimize playing Bejewelled before embarking on CTU this next block. Heh, kind of funny to be stressing about vacation.

Today's agenda: buying a portable charcoal BBQ, getting some CDs and PATIO

And now, to end the entry with a single from Sigur Ros's upcoming album. As much as I love that band, I don't think I've ever been this addicted to a single one of their songs. Best enjoyed with headphones or an excellent loud speaker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment