07 June 2013

Friday night music: 3-for-1! Bass slapping, and post rock x 2

Hey folks, quick post tonight. Three songs I'd like to share... what a treat! I was thinking of posting something longer but working overnight happened and I slept until mid-afternoon.

Let's start things off right with something upbeat from The Preatures, a band from Sydney, Australia. Love that bassline!



Next, Sigur Ros just released another single from their upcoming album, Kveikur, and this is the title track. I heard them play it live earlier this year and it was definitely my favourite from the new songs they played. A few YouTube videos of live versions were floating around, but give a listen to the studio version. One of their more "dense" songs they've released in a while:




Lastly, here's "Campaign" by Russian Circles, a post-rock band. I used to listen to this album when I'd work out and need focus and I happened to play it again last night, reminding me how much I enjoy it. Great for some late night tunes.




Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment